Thursday, September 2, 2010

My pets are a little confused.

        Finn and Lucy are a constant source of amusement. Lucy is slowly working on her commands and it's funny how much my heart swells when she does something right. I finally got her to lay down and was so excited! Then I told her to sit, and she laid down.... back to square one :-D One things for sure, she's super fun to train, because she loves food so much!
       A lot of people I know are not "cat people"- I know people who like cats and dogs, but rarely do you meet a cat person who hates dogs. It's funny to me how one-sided this can be! Well after having both for a couple of weeks now, I still love both!
      Finn thinks he's a puppy anyway. Never in my life have I seen a cat chase his tail as much as he does (I think he might have a slightly longer tail than average).When Lucy goes on potty breaks he sits at the door mewing to go out too. He even wakes me up in the morning by licking my face! Finn is a sweet cat, going 100% energy or 100% nap time. He flies at Lucy when they're playing- often the instigator, but he's the first to snuggle with her. He's a tough little kitty with a jingle bell that makes it hard to take him seriously.
      Lucy. Lucy, Lucy, Lucy. I love this little pup, and she is a handful. She's so funny to just watch. She gets into anything and everything she's not supposed to, and then looks up innocently with these big, beautiful, brown puppy eyes. Whenever I go out and people say, "What a cute puppy!" she completely betrays me by running into their arms and giving them sweet kisses. I guess I should be glad she isn't unsocial... I love that her favorite toys are socks. preferably the just-worn-variety. Lucy just makes my heart melt when she falls asleep in my lap. I just wish she would stay this size forever. Our next doggy addition will be lap size! Lucy thinks she's a kitten anyway, and we have appropriately dubbed her, Kitty.
      Just the other day a friend was talking about going to a meeting for army spouses and when I mentioned I'm not technically an army spouse, she replied,"Yeah, but you guys have kids together!"

Yes, we do. Love our little family with our illegitimate babies!
Sweet Finn wanting to go outside.
Snuggle buddies!

No comments:

Post a Comment